I-POT is a high-shear mixer, granulator and dryer (One Step).
The “high shear mixer granulator” version is designed to mix different pharmaceutical powders and in different formulations; thanks to the combined action of blade and crusher it can handle any type of product. With the “One Step” version the whole working process, from product loading, mixing, granulation, drying, is performed in the same machine avoiding problems of contamination and product loss that can occur when transferring powder from a traditional granulator to an FBD.
- Adjustable telescopic chopper in the various product ranges. Very useful when the I-POT has to perform processes with less than maximum product load.
- Easily removable filter assembly with the possibility of extracting each individual cartridge for replacement of filter bags, extraction is quick and easy
- Vacuum product loading system.
High-containment loading and unloading systems can be installed.
- GMP design, thanks to CNC machining, the profile of the presser coincides perfectly with that of the container, thus improving sealing and facilitating product unloading and draining of the washing liquid.
- The 3-radius bottom blade with specially designed angles generates a very high thrust creating a specific mixing action and excellent mechanical action on the product.
- The I-CONE MILL, in the version integrated into the I-POT structure, allows dry or wet products to be calibrated in-line. This configuration allows the granulates to be processed quickly and directly by controlling the calibration directly from the IPOT operator panel.
“High shear mixer granulator” for dry or wet products.
The design is intended to make the machine completely hermetic and suitable for the production of various types of granules such as hormones, oral contraceptives, anticancer drugs, effervescent products, etc.
Suitable for high containment applications.
The control system of the I-Pot is fully automatic. I-POTCONTROL is a system that allows the entire process of the machine to be controlled and displayed, from product loading to washing and recording all parameters such as: speed, pressure, temperature, humidity, vacuum level, messages, alarms.
It is possible to carry out remote diagnostics and machine checks.
The software follows the guidelines in accordance with CFR 21 Part 11.
Heating/cooling skid for controlled product drying process.
Vacuum units sized and designed to obtain different performance: from the vacuum necessary only for product loading to high vacuum for “difficult” processes.
- Configurations and options best suited to each specific process are available through a scale-up.
- Equipped with automatic systems for loading the product by gravity through our I-PHARMA BIN, or by vacuum loading system (high containment with application of special valves).
- Spraying system for the binding solution, manual or automatic version.
- The I-Pot can be supplied with an oscillation system, heated jacket and introduction of hot air through the bottom blade, which allows processing difficult products, better granule quality and reduced drying time.
- With the drying option, in I-POT, the entire granule production process is carried out within the same container, thus avoiding risks of contamination.
- Possibility of unloading the product directly into I-PHARMA BIN or calibrating the product in line using the Luperini I-CONE MILL calibrator (possibility of high containment with application of special valves).
- The I-POT can be easily cleaned with WIP or CIP systems at the end of each cycle and inspected in its entirety, facilitating FDA validation.
- The I-POT can process water and solvent base products and recover all the vapour sucked in through an integrated condensation system.
- Flexible technology: processing of effervescent, heat- and moisture-sensitive products.
- Space-saving, wall-mounted installation possible.
- I-POTCONTROL control system with industrial touch screen PC, 21 CFR PART 11 for process control and supervision, automatic or manual.
- I-POT is available in an ATEX version for operation in hazardous areas.